Belobaba, P. et al. (Eds.). (2016). The global airline industry (2nd ed.)
Wiley | ISBN 9781118881170 | 512 p. | PDF | 12.8 MB
The Global Airline Industry, Second Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to the global airline industry. The perspective is international, drawing on the authors’ extensive experience with airline and air transport issues around the world. It features detailed coverage of airline economics, competition, pricing, planning, scheduling, operations, and ticket distribution, as well as survey chapters on airline labor relations, aviation safety and security, airports, air traffic control, environmental impacts, and the international regulatory environment in which the industry operates.
The contributors include faculty and research staff currently or formerly affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), recognized for their expertise on the multiple facets of the air transport sector. In this second edition, many updates have been included to reflect new developments in the airline industry through 2014, including detailed discussion of the low-cost carrier (LCC) and emerging global airline sectors of the industry.
- - Examines the perspectives of the many stakeholders in the global airline industry, including airlines, airports, air traffic services, governments, labor unions, in addition to passengers
- - Describes how these different players have contributed to the evolution of competition in the global airline industry, and the implications for its future evolution
- - Includes many facets of the airline industry not covered elsewhere in any single book, for example, safety and security, labor relations and environmental impacts of aviation
- - Highlights recent developments such as changing airline business models, growth of emerging airlines, plans for modernizing air traffic management, and opportunities offered by new information technologies for ticket distribution
- - Provides detailed data on airline performance and economics updated through 2013
The Global Airline Industry, Second Edition is a must-have textbook for students in transportation programs and is a comprehensive reference for air transportation professionals worldwide.NitroFlare