IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager by Terry Curran
English | 2013 | ISBN: 1849685762 | 186 pages | EPUB | 17 MB
A comprehensive, practical guide to using this essential tool for modeling your data for use with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Reporting with this book and ebook.
• Your complete and practical guide to IBM Cognos Framework Manager;
• Full of illustrations and tips for making the best use of this essential tool, with clear step-by-step instructions and practical examples;
• All the information you need, starting where the product manual ends.
IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager is a complete practical guide to using and getting the best out of this essential tool for modeling your data for use with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Reporting. With its step-by-step approach, this book is suitable for anyone from a beginner to an expert, complete with tips and tricks for better data modeling.
IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager is a step-by-step tutorial-based guide; from importing your data to designing and improving your model, and creating your packages while working with other modelers, every step is presented in a logical process.
Learn how to use the best design strategy to design your model, create an import layer, a modeling layer, and a presentation layer to make your model easy to maintain.
Do you need to design a DMR model? No problem, this book shows you every step. This book can even make working with other users easier—we will show you the methods and techniques for allowing others to work on the same model at the same time.
Need to create dynamic data structures to change the way the data is presented to your users so your French users can see the data in French, your German users in German, and your English users in English? You can do all this with parameter maps.
IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager continues where the product manuals end, showing you how to build and refine your project through practical, step by step instructions.
What you will learn from this book
• Learn how to import and model your relational data;
• Create useful reporting packages for your authors;
• Utilise parameters and parameter reports effectively;
• Improve functionality and manage a multi-user model;
• Learn how to use Model Design Accelerator to create your first model.
Presented in a hands-on style, this guide presents you with real world examples to guide you through every process step by step.
Who this book is written for
This book will be useful for any developer, novice or expert, who uses Framework Manager to build packages, but wants to expand their knowledge even further.