English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720, 640x360 | AAC 2 ch | 4 hrs | 673 MBeLearning, IT & Software, Other | Skill level: Intermediate level
Learn how to formulate and tune SQL statements for optimal performance
Good SQL Developers are in high demand and demand 100k+ salary in the IT industry.
SQL performance tuning is an art to master - for all of us!!!
Many SQL Developers have tried to understand why a particualr SQL was running slow - including me - but have failed over and over again because we never tried to understand how SQL works? We were thinking it is database administrators Job!!!!
If we have to advance in our career and earn a good salary, we need these SQL tuning skills.
We know how it feels if someone talks about SQL Tuning and I dont want you to feel the same.
I took baby steps in introducing you to the optimizer and helping you write an effecient SQL.
This course takes a systematic approach to planning, analyzing, debugging and troubleshooting common query-related performance problems and will provide you with the skills necessary to write scalable, high performance SQL.
The SQL tuning methodology I used:
- Identify a problem SQL statement
- Determine how Oracle is executing SQL statement and why Oracle chose that way.
- Investigate whether alternative executon plans would be better.
- Update the SQL statement to push Oracle towards the better plan.
Trust me, I will catch your hand and take you step by step!!!
See you inside,
What are the requirements?
- Database/SQL knowledge is a must to understand this course.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 63 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
What is the target audience?
- Database developers, DBAs and SQL developers